Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mary DeLoach Will Edge. Co., NC 1773



4 Jan 1773

In the name of God Amen, I Mary Deloach of Edgecombe County... being weak in body but of perfect sound mind & memory...Imprimis I give to my son William Deloach the sum of five shillings Virginia money; Item I give to my daughter (Averrilla) Ruffin, wife of Richd Ruffin the sum of five shillings Virginia money; Item I give I give to my son Jesse Deloach all that part of my estate I assigned him of in my lifetime and also the sum of five shillings Virginia money; Item I give to my son Samuel Deloach all that part of my estate I assigned him of in my lifetime and also one cow and calf and lambs; Item I give to my daughter Selah Barns all that part of my estate I assigned her of in my lifetime and also the sum of five shillings Virginia money; Item I give to my son John Deloach 320 acres of land, it being part of a larger tract I purchased of Solomon Boykins and also my great desk and square walnut table and painted chist and largest linin wheel and gray mare and colt & black horse and dearick and 20 pounds of feathers & 30 head of geese; Item I give to my daughter Milley Bloodworth all that part of my estate that I possessed her of in my lifetime and also my wareing close and side saddle; Item I give to my son Solomon Deloach two beds and furniture and five head of cattle and (five) breading sows and one linen wheel, one black mare( ) and a young house colt cold sharpen and five pounds proclamation money; Item I give to my grandson William Braswell five shilling Virginia money; Item After debts and funeral expenses are paid remainder of estate to be divided equally between two of my sons, to wit, John Deloach and Solomon Deloach and it is my will and desire that William Bloodworth and Elijah (Horne) divide said estate between John and Solomon; Item I appoint two of my sons, Samuel and John executors of my estate, signed Mary Deloach, wit. John Faulk, Hanah Faulk (X), Sarah Faulk (X). Edge. Co. Will Book A, page 205, NCA film C.037.80001, 6-27-03, CTC.
Date recorded Apr Ct 1774

NOTE: William Bloodworth bought 200 acres on Alston's Mill Swamp & Town Creek from James Braswell Jr. 7 Oct 1765