Sunday, November 4, 2007

* Robert Carver Will Cumberland Co., NC 1766



Contributed by Walter S. & Maxine C. Gabennesch


North Carolina ~~~} In the name of God Amen. the 11th
Cumberland County} Day of November Ano Dom one hundred
seven hundred and sixty sixty I Robt Carver of county
and province aforesaid being sick in Body but of perfect
mind and memory Thanks be to God and Calling to Remem~
brance the Uncertain Estate of this transitory life and
that all flesh must yeald unto Death when itsshall please
God to call, do make and declare this my last will &
Testament in manner and form following.

I give and bequeath to my Son Isom Carver my land I now
live on also my land in bladen County to him and the
heirs of his body Lawfully begotton & for want of such
heirs to be Equally divided Amongst my six daughters or
as many as shall then be alive. I also bequeath to my
son Isom Carver nine negroes named as following Ben,
Dick, Patt, Ned, Coss?, Lip?, Sam, Hardy, Sall? to him
and his heirs of his body Lawfully begotten and for want
of such heirs to be Equally Devided between my six
daughters or so many as shall be living. I also give
& bequeath to my Daughter Ann Carver three negroes named
as follows Suly, Solomon, fanbee? to her and her heirs
for Ever.Lawfully begotten of her body. I also give
and bequeath to my Daughter Ann Carver on cow and Calf to
her and her heirs for Ever. I also give and bequeath
to my Daughter Milley Carver three negroes named as follows
little Dick, Agg & Joseph to her and her heirs of her
Body Lawfully begotten for Ever. I also give and be~
queath to my daughter Milley one Cow and Calf to her and
her heirs for Ever. I also give & bequeath to my Daughter
Susannah (blurred) three negroes named as follows Lavina,
Adam & Charity to her & her heirs of her body Lawfully
begotton. I also give and bequeath to my daughter Susannah
one Cow and Calf to her and her heirs forever.
I also give and bequeath to my Daughter Elisabeth Carver
three negroes named as follows hannah, lightfoot, Max?
to her and her heirs of her body Lawfully begotten. I
also give and bequeath to my Daughter Elisabeth one Cow
and Calf to her and her heirs forever. I also give and
bequeath to my Daughter Mary Carver three negroes named
Judah, Moll & Pegg to her and her heirs of her body
Lawfully begotten forever. I also give and bequeath to
my Daughter Mary Carver one ~~~? one Cow and Calf
to her and her heirs forever. I also give and be~
queath to my Daughter Marget three negroes named as foll~
Beck, Vilate & Jenny to her and her heirs of her Body
Lawfully Begotten. I also give and bequeath to my
Daughter marget one Cow and Calf to her and her heirs
forever.

I also give and bequeath unto my son Isom Carver one
feather bed and the furniture belonging thereto. I
also give and bequeath unto my son Isom all the Remainder
of my Stock of Cattle & hogs only as much of my Stock of
Cattle as will make nine Barrels of beef for the use of
my Creditors? to him and his heirs forever. I also
give and bequeath to my son Isom my Stock of sheep to him
and his heirs forever.

It is further my will and Desire thee Remainder of my hous~
hold furniture shall be Equally Divided Amongst my six
Daughters further my will and Desire is that my Stallion
shall be sold for the greatest price that can be got a
probate? sale and the money Rising? therefrom to be put
to the use of Educating my Children. It is my and ~~~
that my son Isom Carver shall Receive his Estate when he~
Arives at the full age of Twenty One Years & not sooner?

Lastly I I make & ordain William Carver, Thos Greer
& John Walsh Exctrs of this my last will and Testament
hereby ratafieing ~~~ing and confirming this and no other
to be my last will and Testament in witness Whereof the
~~~said Robt Carver hath to this will and Testament
set his hand and seal the day and year above written.

Signed Sealed and published and by
the said Robt Carver the testator
and for his last will and Testament
in the presence of us who were present
at the signing sealing therof.

Richd Elwell
John Elwell
Henry Dean


Robt Carvers will May Court 1767
Recorded T? or S. Rutherford


Note: Robert is the son of Richard Braswell II & Ann Carver