Friday, November 9, 2007

* Richard Bracewell, Edgecombe Co., NC 1804



In the Name of God amen I Richard Bracewell
of the County of Edgecombe & State of North Carolina
calling to mind the mortality of my body & knowing
that its once appointed for all men to die do make
& ordain this my last Will and Testament
First I wish all my just debts to be paid, after
which the whole of my property both real and personal
to be equally divided between my loving wife Char
lotta & her heir or heirs begotten by me for her if
I leave no heir lawfully begotten then I leave the
whole of my property to my said wife Charlotta to her
and her heirs forever

In Witness whereof I have set my hand & Seal
disallowing all others ~ dated twenty seventh day of
August one thousand eight hundred & four
I further nominate & appoint my friends Joseph
Bell & James Southerland my Executors of this my
last Will & Testament
Sighned Sealed & pronouncedto}
be my last Will & Teastament who} Rich Bracewell {Seal}
in presence of each other have}
subscribed have subscribed our names}
Malachi Penny}
David Randolph}
Edgecombe County February Court 1807
The within last Will & Testament
of Richard Bracewell decd was exhibited by the
Executors for probate and was proven by the oath
of David Randolph one of the subscribing witnesses
thereto ~ And the executors therein named at the
same time qualified thereto ~ ordered that the same
be certified & the will recorded

Test ~Hall CC ? (hard to read)


NOTES:

Richard Bracewell is the son of Solomon Bracewell Sr.

David Randolph appears to be the grandson of Hermon Strickland.

Contributed by Judy Griffin
Transcribed by Ann Braswell