Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Samuel DeLoach Will Edge. Co., NC 1764


31 Jan 1764

In the Name of God Amen I Samuel Deloach of Edgecombe Co. being weak in body but of sound and perfect memory... recommend my soul into the hands of God that gave it and my body to the grave to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner; Imprimis... to my beloved wife Mary Deloach the land that my father in law Francis Boykin left me in Northampton County to her and her heirs forever; my young black mair and side saddle, the use of the land and plantation whereon I now live and my still and all my Negroes for the raising and maintaining and schooling of my children during her life or widowhood and then to be divided by my executor as according as my will directs. I further lend to my wife, Mary Deloach after my debts and funeral expenses are paid all my household goods and chattels and all my tenements until my children come of age and then divided as my will directs: to my son, William Deloach all the part of my estate I (possessed) him of in my life time and ten shillings cash; to my daughter, (Auerilla) Ruffin, all that part of my estate I ( ) her in my lifetime and ten shillings cash; to my daughter (Molley) Braswell all that part of my estate I ( ) her during my lifetime and ten shillings cash; to my son Jesse Deloach that tract of land that I ( ) joining of (Moses Hains) land and my bay horse called Spark and five head of cattle and five breading ( ) and one feather bed and furniture which I gave to my son when he comes of age; to my son, Jesse Deloach after my wife’s decease or widowhood, my Negro fellow Ephriam; to my son, Samuel Deloach the land and plantation that I purchased of John Stinson, my (Bay) mair and five head of cattle and five breading (sows) and one feather bed and furniture which I gave to me son when he comes of age, also my Negro fellow Toney after my wife’s decease or widowhood; to my (daughter) Selah Deloach five head of cattle one feather bed and furniture which I gave to my darter when she comes of age; to my son John Deloach the land and plantation that I purchased of John Stringer, my mair cald (Jli) and five head of cattle and one feather bed and furniture and five breading sows which I gave to my son when he comes of age, also my Negro fellow Dick after my wife’s decease or widowhood; to my darter Milly Deloach five head of cattle and one feather bed and furniture which I gave to my darter when she comes of age; to my son Solomon Deloach after my wife’s decease or widowhood the land and plantation where I now live together with my still and Negro girl Luce; I leave my Negro wenches Fan and (Pat) and their increase after my wife’s decease or widowhood to be equally divided between my for darters Averilla Ruffin, Molly Braswell and Selah Deloach and Millie Deloach; my wife to give and dispose of the remainder of my estate after my debts and funeral expenses to my children as she sees fit; wife Mary Deloach and sons, William Deloach, Jesse Deloach and Samuel Deloach to be executors, signed Samuel Deloach, wit. John Gosney, Thos. Bryant, John Faulk. Proved Apr Ct 1764 Abstracted NCA film C.037.80001, Edge. Co. Will vol A, page 134, CTC, 6-17-03.


NOTE: Mary "Molly" DeLoach is the 1st wife of Solomon Braswell and the mother of William & Elizabeth Braswell.

John Stinson is most likely the son in law of James Braswell Sr. who named a daughter Olive Stinson in his 1760 Edgecombe Co., NC will. He was in records with James and his sons.