Thursday, October 18, 2007

* Valentine Braswell Will Wake Co., NC 1794



In the name of God amen I VALENTINE BRASWELL of the State of North Carolina and County of Wake being in perfect Health of Body, mind and Memory thanks to God for it but Calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it's appointed for all men once to die. Do make & ordain this my last Will and testament and desire it may be received by all as such First and Principally I give and bequeath to my beloved Wife PATIENCE BRASWELL all my Lands Mesuges & Tennements together with all the rest & every part & parcel of my Estate real and Personal to Her and Her Heirs & assigns for Ever, to enjoy the same and every part and Parcel thereof. I also nominate appoint and ordain the above said PATIENCE BRASWELL: JOHN STRICKLAND, Junior and AUGUSTUS TURNER the whole and Sole Executors of this my last Will and Testament and I do hereby make void and disanul all and every other former Wills, Testaments legacies and bequests made by me heretofore ratifieing and confirming this and no other to be my last Will and Testament, in Witness whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand and affixed my Seal this Second day of august in the Year of our Lord one thousand Seven Hundred & Ninety one Signed Sealed, pronouncedand declared in Presence of

JOHN ("X") STRICTLAND (Jurat) VALENTINE ("X") BRASWELL (seal)

ISHAM ("X") STRICTLAND (Jurat)

Wake County Dec. Term 1794

The within Will was duly proved in open Court by the Oaths of JOHN STRICKLAND & ISHAM STRICKLAND Witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded~~~

H. Lane, C.C.

Recorded in the clarks office in the County of Wake in Book D. and page 67this 27th day of May 1797~~

H. Lane, C.C.

~~~~~~~~~~~

December 15, 1794. VALENTINE BRASWELL's estate was inventoried by AUGUSTUS TURNER and JOHN STRICKLAND. It included 300 acres of land, 3 horses, 20head of cattle, 47 hogs, "a quantity" of corn, cotton, peas, and beans, andhousehold goods that included 6 chairs and 5 pewter plates.

Contributed by Carey Bracewell