Monday, October 8, 2007

* James Braswell, Edgecombe Co., NC 1760



In the Name of God Amen ------

I James Braswel of Edgecombe County being in good Health and of Sound Mind and Memory for Preventing Disputes in My Family about the Estate I May leave at My Death do Make this My last Will and Testament as followeth -----------

Item I give and Bequeath unto My Son Joseph Braswel one feather bed and furniture which is Now in his Possition to him and his heirs forever _____

Item I give and Bequeath unto My Son James Braswel one feather bed and furniture which is Now in his Possition to him & his heirs forever _____

Item I give and Bequeath unto My Son Benjamin Braswel one feather bed and furniture which is Now in his Possition to him and his heirs forever _____

Item I give and Bequeath unto my Daughter Sarah Cain one feather bed and furniture which is Now in her Possition to her and her heirs forever _________

Item I give and Bequeath unto My Daughter Olive Stinson one feather bed and furniture which is Now in her Possition to her and her heirs forever _________

Item I give and Bequeath unto My Son Simon Braswel My Plantation and Tract of land which I Now live on Containing four Hundred Acres Moore or less with all Appurtenances there unto belonging also all My Stock of Cattle hogs and Horses and all My household goods & furniture be them of what Kind or Nature so ever after his Mothers Death to him and his heirs forever __________


and I doe hereby Make and apoint My loving son Simon Braswel my hole and soul Executor of this My last Will and Testament Revoking & is anulling and Making Void all former Wills by me Made and declaring this only to be my last Will and Testament In Witness Whereof Ive hereunto Set My hand and affixed my Seal this---20th day of September in the year of our lord god
one thousand seven hundred and sixty ) His
Signd Seald and acknowledged ) James J Braswel Seal
In the presence of. . . .that . . . . . . ) Mark

Samuel Ruffin

His
John Davis
Mark