Tuesday, September 25, 2007

* Will of Richard Braswell III 1767



I, RICHARD BRASWELL of Edgecombe County being in good Health & of perfect sense & sound mind and memory, for preventing disputes which may arise in my Family about the Estate that I have at my Death do make this my last will & Testament in manner following, that is to say...Imprimis. I give & bequeath to my son SAMPSON BRASWELL & to his Heirs forever a Tract of parcel of Land containing fifty acres more or less & bounded as follows, Beginning at a white Oak his corner on Tar River thence a direct course to a new mark't poplar...being at or near the Nauhunta Path thence along the said path to my back line then down the back line to the said SAMPSON's line then along his line to the white oake the first station...Item. I give & Bequeath to my Son SOLOMON & to his Heirs forever all the Remainder of my Land where I now live & the Land or plantation whereon he now Dweleth. Item. I give my son RICHARD five shillings proclamation money. Item. I give my son JAMES five shillings proclamation money. Item. I give my son WILLIAM five shillings proclamation money. Item. I give my daughter SARAH five shillings proclamation money. Item. I give my daughter MARY five shillings proclamation money. Item. I give my daughter ELIZABETH five shillings
proclamation money. Item. I nominate Constitute & Appoint my loving wife ELIZABETH & my Son JAMES whole & sole Executor & Executrix of this my last Will and Testament IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto set my hand & affixt my Seal this Seventh day of December in the year of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred & Sixty & Seven Signed Sealed & delard to be the last will & testament of RICHARD (R) BRASWELL the subsribers in presence of...THOMAS BRYANT, WMS SHERROD, JOS FORT, SAMSON DILLARD, JAMS GRAY.


Proven Feb. 1772 by Thomas Bryant and James Gray. Elizabeth Braswell and James Braswell qualified as executors